Other Community Bike Places in Melbourne
- back2bikes is a non-profit community bike group based in South Melboure who offer normal bike shop servicing as well as bike training services and bike recycling. They charge for their services, but at a level below that charged by for-profit bike shops.
- Cycle Saloon is an excellent community bike workshop located in Pipemakers Park, Maribyrnong. You can either fix your own bike or buy a recycled bike from them.
Melbourne related cycling links
- Dr Cranky's (https://www.drcrankys.com.au) is a fantastic program designed to get school kids into cycling.
- Bicycle Victoria has a 'Find a BUG' page which lists almost every BUG in the state.
- Moreland BUG - we are officially affiliated with the Moreland BUG, though unfortunately they don't have much of a web presence.
- Darebin Bicycle User Group - another local bike group
- Melbourne Bicycle Users Group - a BUG for people who live or work in or near the centre of Melbourne.
- Melbourne Cyclist - Melbourne Cyclist is a site for cyclists in Melbourne to talk, share hints and generally stay informed.
- Bike Fun Melbourne - the name says it all... though you need to subscribe to the mailing list to really find out whats happening.
- List of bicycle routes in Melbourne on bikely.com
- A guy called GreaseMonkey's blog about what he found in Melbourne. (Includes an entry on us, an entry on HPC, plus one on the local Brunswick velodrome, and finally some cool photos of the shed.
Bicycle NSW also has a list of BUGs, though obviously they are in not in Melbourne.
Similiar Facilities around Australia
- The Nunnery - the Sydney equaivalent of the BikeShed, based in Waterloo (an inner city suburb)
- Dismantle - An excellent Fremantle community cycling group that provides training and help in fixing bikes, but and also wants to use cycling for positive social change.
- Hobart Bike Kitchen - a community bike group providing assistance, training tools and advice to Hobart's cyclists
Adelaide Bike Kitchen